Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Confessions

1. I will not miss high school. Nor will I be one of those people who constantly try to relive "those Glory Days." I love my school, memories I made, friends I intend to keep, but I'm ready to move on to the next chapter. (Someone remind me I said this when I'm sobbing at graduation.)


2. Reading the Bible is an intense struggle for me. I love reading about the Bible, learning theology about the Bible, and I even sincerely love the Bible. Something about opening up God's Word and reading them though, triggers fears sometimes. 
    Fear that I will miss 'the point.'
    Fear that I will interpret something incorrectly.
    Fear. 
    But I don't let the devil have that battle, because the Bible tells me that "perfect love casts out fear," and that it does.


3. I might not have dated in three years and I tell people 110% of the time that it never bothers me.
That's not true. Sometimes, it secretly does. Well, I guess it's not 'secretly' anymore. But then I remind myself I will not wish away my single years and that I find my satisfaction in Christ alone...and all is well again : )


4. I have all of my children's names picked out. It's true, corny and true, but I can't tell you, because that would solidify the corniness. Plus, I intend for my future hubs to have a say-so in the matter. 


5. I struggle with accepting the fact that Christ loves me unconditionally and sees me as beautiful, just the way that I am.


6. TV Commercials annoy me. They are a consistent reminder of the demise of our society. Bleh.


7. I have never written anything I actually like. Yes, I am my toughest critic.


8. I am addicted to 'Just Dance 2' for the wii. Horrible, but addicted. I'm actually not sure I will survive without it in college.


9. I am totally a Facebook creeper. It's true. I try to keep myself occupied in order to avoid it, but a sleepless night here or there leaves me with few options.


There ya have it...confessions of a snowed-in-senior. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete