Thursday, January 6, 2011

Passion 2011

Where to begin...
I have started. stopped. deleted. stared blankly at. restarted. this post more times than I can possibly count. My heart is so heavy that I have been simply dying to get to the keys to sort through all the thoughts and emotions pulsing through me. Yet, no simplistic explanation has  developed for the transformation that occurred in my life since the start of this new year, this new decade.


1. 1. 11
A day that I will never forget, a day that I loved from the start simply for the numerical meaning I saw lying behind it all. To me, the number one represents a new beginning, a fresh start, exactly what I needed to be honest. Not to mention, 1. 1. 11 also happened to be the first day of the Passion Conference in Atlanta, Georgia which I had the pleasure to attend. This conference changed the scope and course of my life so anyone who is so kind to read these posts will have to suffer through many accounts of probably 4 of the best days of my life.


Passion is an amazing conference not because it brings 26,000 college students together, not because we raised over 1.1 million dollars for amazing causes, not because Lecrae performed, but Passion IS an amazing conference because it's sole purpose is to bring glory to the name of Jesus. The beautiful, beautiful name of Jesus. A name that I grew to love much more this weekend.


The theme of the conference this year was "Living a Free and Full Life in Christ." I could not see to jot the title down in my notes the first time I heard the topic for the weekend for the tears in my eyes welled too quickly. God is too gracious to me. Freedom in Christ has been my journey over the last few months and I felt as if the entire topic had been orchestrated around exactly what I needed to hear.
As I walked through the four days of the conference, with no more than five hours of sleep a night, I felt as if I was walking through an art gallery of sorts, with each different session serving as a snapshot of the last months of my life.


1. 1. 11 it was. My day of awakening, the start of a new chapter as I like to see it. How so? It was the day I decided I am not turning back. Will I be tempted? Of course, what would the human life be without temptation or suffering? But I will not submit to the yokes of slavery that I was mastered by for so long. There is too much at stake. Too much to lose. Christ has called me to an abundant life and I freely embrace all that He offers me.


I cannot wait to share further of my experience at Passion 2011.
Below are a couple photos from the weekend.
 Writing a message to the anonymous recipient of a Bible in Columbia.
 Meet my roommates.
LR: Chelsea, Hannah, Sophie, Myself
GO CENTER (to be explained)
 Worship!
 Meet Ernest, our homeless friend.
We are a chosen generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment