Friday, January 7, 2011

Spirit Fall

I don't mean to be skipping around on you here, I know my postings are a tad out of order but I just had to share this with you!
While driving to school the first morning back after an amazing Christmas Break and the Passion Conference, I caught a glimpse of the sky out of my rear view mirror and my breath caught in my throat.
That morning I prayed, "Lord please help me not to experience a low after an all time high with You, please give me the strength and wisdom to see and experience your presence." 
Boy, did he grant my request.
As I looked at the beautiful sky, careful not to wreck the car of course, I began smiling from ear to ear knowing that the sunrise was of Him! His spirit fell on me as I took it all in. He was the creator, the artist of this beautiful masterpiece. How wonderful is that?
My God, my heavenly Father showed Himself to me in the sunrise on January 5th, 2011. 
In my opinion, it was a gentle reminder that He does not need a conference with 26,000 college students to muster up His handiwork. He makes himself known with each new day.

Yet, are we aware of His presence? Or are many people, much like myself, too busy in their day to day routines to stop and realize God's spirit falling on His children?

He's here today, He is wherever you are right now, He is already in your tomorrow, He is thinking thoughts towards you, and He loves you with a steadfast love.
Embrace that, Embrace Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment