Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Here's Why...

Christ August's song (featured below) 7X70 stopped me in my tracks.
This song talks a lot about hurt within the family, trials, burdens, et cetera.
But more than that, it's about what we are called to do with all of that...
let forgiveness make a way.
It's not easy. In fact it's hard, down right difficult.


Can I tell you something about forgiveness?
It is freeing.
I know this not because I am an expert at forgiveness, in fact, I might even say it is an area of weakness.
I don't handle pain well. In fact, I run from it,
but the times where I have surrendered and forgiven, truly forgiven, I have experienced healing.
Maybe that's why this song hit home - knowing the truth about forgiveness, yet having practiced it so infrequently.


As Christians, we are called to a radical life of self abandonment.
I was reminded that forgiveness is both of those things: radical and selfless.
I am called to remember what was done for me at Calvary and take that overflow of love and spread it all around.


Forgiveness.
I want to take the 7X70 journey in my life, join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment