Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Broken

This is a season of brokenness.

These words are bitter on the tongue still,
but this is my honest condition right now:

I am broken before the Lord,
but I am beginning to better understand the heart of some of my greatest faith heroes,
 like Paul, as a result.

The faith that could rejoice in suffering, trial, and great affliction was once foreign to me.
In my comfortable world, comfortable Christianity was just about all that fit.
But comfortable Christianity, is no Christianity at all.

I know this because I have lived it.

I know this because when I sit in His lap, in shambles, my veneer is exposed and all hope of faking it is lost. But it is here that I find the face of a Father saying, "Here is my dream for you, my daughter."

There is no condemnation in the arms of Christ,
no loneliness, 
no unmet need,
no cry unheard.

He is here, in this season of brokenness. 

As Christians, we are not meant to live in a perpetual state of brokenness,
but these seasons will come,
and there is so much beauty to be found in realizing your complete and utter dependence on the Lord.

So whether you are in a valley or on a mountain top right now, 
sit in His lap today, strip away the veneer, and hear His dreams for you!

"I have called you by name; You are mine."
Isaiah 43:1

These are the words of a Father,
who in every season of this life,
longs to prove His faithfulness to You.

He is not far, draw near to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment