Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Freedom Generation

http://live.268generation.com/


Having someone believe in you is arguably one of the most empowering things ever for a human being. Unfortunately, many adults are quick to condemn and write off this generation, my generation.
To be honest, it is disheartening, because I see the potential. 
I see women my age committing to purity and to ministry.
I witness men surrendering their lives to Christ & falling passionately in love with the Word of God.
No, we are not perfect, but we are redeemed
The potential and power, through Christ, of those redeemed must never be discounted. 

And, thankfully, at a 'little' gathering called Passion, that potential was and is being proven. 
You see, a couple by the name of Louie and Shelly Giglio chose to not write my generation off, they chose to believe in us, and I am forever grateful.

The Giglios not only chose to believe in us,
 they have invested their lives to empower us through Passion. 
This annual conference of college-aged students attracted 40,000+ young Jesus lovers to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia this year. 

I have watched religiously online, because at the last minute, I wasn't able to go this year.
The experience has been far different from watching on a computer screen,
but the Lord is moving both here and there. 

If you happen to have read a few of my recent posts, first, bless you : )
and secondly, you may have noticed something that has been heavy on my heart this year: 
modern day slavery.

Ending this injustice has been a focal point of Passion this year.
Ignorance is not an excuse for my generation any longer,
because we have been equipped with the crippling facts 
about the 27 million people living in chains today.
We weren't looking for excuses though,
we were looking to step up,
and that we did!

In just two days,
the 42,000 college students at Passion raised over 1 million dollars to free slaves worldwide. 
Stay tuned, because we aren't finished yet.

We are hungry for freedom, hungry for justice, hungry for Jesus.

I cannot help but think what the outcome of 42,000 driven Saints fighting against slavery would be. 
In fact, I am choosing to believe we will bring an end to modern day slavery. 
Audacious? 
Yes.
But I'm tired of sitting back, wondering.
We are acting, we will continue to act, to move, to change things,
through the limitless and abundant power of Jesus Christ.

Christine Caine delivered an extremely powerful message at Passion about slavery and something she stated has stuck with me ever since,
"the light shines brightest in the darkness."

Slavery is darkness defined. 
We are children of the light
And we must step outside our comfortable clusters of light
and penetrate the darkness.

To the 42,000 Passionate lovers of the Lord,
let us bring the freedom we have been given in Christ
to the 27 million worldwide who know nothing of life outside of captivity. 


May we truly be known as the Freedom Generation. 


pic.twitter.com/Iqzvl967
Passion goers giving to freedom. 
pic.twitter.com/aQEZMNb7
Passion.
Wow. We are united for freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment