Friday, July 2, 2010

Radical



Maybe you can recall the process of college searching from personal experience, maybe you have a child, friend, cousin ...anyone (?), who just took on the endeavor. 

Either way, let me tell you, without the Lord's guidance, I'm not sure how anyone keeps their sanity throughout the process.
After opening envelope after envelope in the mail, reading a million websites, taking one too many virtual tours, etc. all of the colleges in America begin to blur into one.
However, despite it all, "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding," has continued to guard my heart, soul, and mind. [Philippians 4:4-7]

He's done even more than that though. The Lord is using this experience to challenge me to mature in my relationship with Him. 
In talking with a friend from one of my favorite schools so far, Samford University in Alabama, I was connected with a local church in Alabama that has blown me away.
The Church at Brook Hills has that 'something,' that leads to amazing things for the Kingdom of the Lord.
After having begun to read the Pastor, David Platt's, latest book, Radical,
 I have been convicted, changed, and enlightened possibly more so with this book than any other, with the exception of the Bible of course.
I'm only about half way through because I keep going back and just responding with "wow."

I would encourage you to go and buy this book...immediately : )
(or if you're really a go - getter...order it off Amazon!)
It is money well spent and the return is a million times worth the investment. 

The Church at Brook Hills is located about 15 minutes away from Samford's campus,
and I told the God this morning during my QT that "although I would absolutely go wherever the Lord is calling me, I would certainly not mind sitting under the teaching of David Platt and fellowshipping with the Church at Brook Hills on a weekly basis." 
We'll see what He has in store =]
PS - Good news! 
I do have a 'top 8' list now. Which, if you consider the vast number of colleges in this country, is pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment