Thursday, January 6, 2011

You Doubt Your Value, Don't Run From Who You Are

You know those moments, the ones where you instantly think, "I will never forget this as long as I live." I had one of those while sitting in an AMC Theater the other day, which I was not expecting because I so rarely go to the movies anymore due to the decline of morality in media today. However, I felt rather safe venturing to see Narnia with one of my very dearest friends. 


I had to fight to see many scenes through thick tears, but one scene particularly pulled at my heart strings and has permeated my thoughts many times since. As Lucy, one of the main characters, strives to change her appearance in an attempt to look like her older sister, Susan, she begins to lose her identity. Aslan, a lion representing God in the series, comes to remind her of her immense value in His eyes. I quoted part of the scene below and I cannot wait to share the powerful clip with you once it makes an appearance on YouTube.


Soak this in, whoever you are, if you ever feel unworthy or less than sufficient.
Then listen to the Lord, who forever tells you that He loves and accepts you just the way that you are.


Aslan: Lucy
Lucy: Aslan?
Aslan: what have you done child?
Lucy: I don't know, that was awful.
Aslan: but you chose it, Lucy.
Lucy: I didn't mean to choose all of that, I just wanted to be beautiful like susan. That's all
Aslan: You wished yourself away and with it much more. Your brothers and sisters wouldn't know Narnia without you, lucy. you discovered it first, remember?
Lucy: I’m so sorry.
Aslan: You doubt your value, don't run from who you are


Don't wish yourself away, as so often we are tempted to do. The creator of the universe knit you together in your mother's womb. He knows the number of hairs on your head and the number of breaths you will take. Rest in that.

3 comments:

  1. Strong message. I love the chronicles of Narnia, they possess great morals and messages, much better than much of today's media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I searched this line on Google again today because it's so beautiful, I really don't want to forget...

    Always touches my heart and reminds me of who I am in the Lord. :D

    ReplyDelete