Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life as a Food Kitty Cashier

I know I haven't mentioned much about it yet, but I prayed that when the Lord finally granted me the blessing of finding a job this year, that I would have His eyes throughout the entire process and upon actually doing whatever task He set before me.
I truly believe He has been faithful to answer that prayer.

Never would I have guessed it, but the Lord has used this new job of mine to teach me countless lessons of the faith. I leave work sometimes absolutely stunned at the world we live in, and not for the reasons I would have suspected. I leave shocked because people are hurting, people are seeking, dying, crying, and trying to make it another day. Yet Christians, myself included, wander around within the beautiful church walls wondering where the people who need ministering to are?

I found 'em. You'll find them too! Open your eyes, that's what God told me to do. 

One of the most recent encounters I had was with a man who could not have been but in his early forties. He looked rather gloom and doom, buying a case of wine, and sulking through my line. 
When I asked him how his night was going, he stopped dead on, like a deer in headlights. I wondered if He could sense I was praying for him, something must have been bugging him.

The man looked at me and said, "not so good. Actually, I just wish I was young like you so that I could go back and do it all over again."
Here I am with five seconds in between him and the next customer, wanting to tell him all the days I wasted wanting yesterday back, finding out it was fruitless.

So I simply looked him straight in the eye and said, "Sir, you cannot have yesterday back, but you have tomorrow."

He looked as if he might break and he told me that I was "quite wise for someone my age."

And I told him the truth of the matter, that "I am actually quite unwise, but God is wise and sovereign above all else."

I'm not sure what ran through that man's mind as he walked out of 'Food Kitty' (my affectionate nickname) that night. Good or bad, there is a lesson for us all in that conversation.
Time is one of the most valuable resources God has given mankind.
The devil came to steal, kill, and destroy, in ways that we might not even fathom.
I argue that regret is a way that the devil steals and destroys that valuable time we have.
We are human, living in the past will get us nothing more than another wasted day, another wasted moment. Yet time is short and opportunities seldom. Do not let the devil feed you lie after lie, telling you that you are nothing more than a product of your past mistakes.

Listen to God's loving voice. 
When you do, you'll hear Him whisper things like...
"My mercies are new every morning..."
"I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a hope and a future..."

Live in victory, live in and for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment