Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Firsts and The Lasts


Today was tough.
I never thought that the end of senior year would be marked by much else than feelings of excitement about the upcoming chapter.
I constantly look forward to my first day of college classes, my first Samford football game, my first discipleship group in AL, so on and so forth. 
I forget about the lasts though.

The last time I will walk into Hickory Grove as a student, which I have done for the last 13 years.
The last time I will complain about having to find a collard shirt to wear.
The last time I will take my sister to school and jam out to Michael Jackson.
Then there was today, which marked the last time that I would ever have discipleship with the beautiful group of girls in the photo above. 

I have met with these girls nearly every Wednesday over the last 4 years. I have cried and laughed with them, grown alongside them, been encouraged by them, traveled to the Dominican Republic with them, and so much more. I can honestly say I am blessed to have them in my life. They love the Lord and as I told all of them today, no matter where in this world the Lord takes us, no matter how many miles come between us over the years, my prayers will forever be with them.

Thank you, Lord, for sweet Jesus girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment