Tuesday, May 17, 2011

He Covers Me

Today was a good day, to say the least.
I love the occasional rainy day, I turned in my very last assignment for all of high school, and I am currently savoring a Hershey's Chocolate brownie. 
Yes, a very good day to say the least.

The reality of ending this chapter of my life is really beginning to sink in and it is beyond surreal.
This has certainly been one of those moments that you wish for a million times over but never believe will actually come.

My last assignment for the year was a Memoir of my life, quite appropriate in my opinion. Each student had to pick a theme to center their project around. I chose "Perfection and Freedom Cannot Coincide," and loved every moment of reflecting on the past years of my life.
While working on the project, I came across a quote by Saint Augustine that I have absolutely fallen in love with!
"That is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
How simple and yet profound.

Hard as we may try to avoid it, each and every human being on planet Earth has imperfections. Yet, so often we never take the time to reflect or examine, for fear of what we may find. However, when I stopped running from reality and took to the time to be real with myself for the first time, I saw the grace of Jesus Christ overwhelm my every flaw and imperfection.
He covers me.

Currently Playing:
Never. Gets. Old.

No comments:

Post a Comment