Friday, July 22, 2011

Balance Is A Bunch Of Bologna

Does your personality almost drive you towards a crammed schedule?
Does your perfectionism push you to never having a moment of rest?
Do you believe it is your duty to remain busy?

I use to.
People would always tell me, "Now, Jordan, you know you are going to burn out."
Yes, when I do things that I want to do, on my own time, in my own strength, simply for the sake of being 'the girl with the full schedule,' yes, I am asking to crash and burn.
I mean crash and burn.

Do I sound like I might be speaking from experience?
It's because I am.

Today, at You Lead Day 2, I got a new perspective on business. 
And here are a couple things I took away:

1. Business can result in barrenness.
2. Business is NOT NOT NOT a bad thing.
3. Balance is a bunch of bologna.
4. Jesus was busy, tired, always on the move, lived a full life in the ministry.
5. But there must be non-negotiables for busy women.

I have been trained to feel guilty for being busy and feel inadequate when I am not.
No more!
Oh, and long gone are my days of striving for "balance."

Jesus has called us to the abundant life, not the balanced life.
If abundant, in His plan for you means busy, that is NOT a contradiction.
It simply means that you must be in synch with the Lord at all times, in all you do.
It means having non-negotiables in your life!

I heard it broken down like this:
Categorize your schedule "based God's 'O-W-N' plan for you."
O - Ought
W - Want 
N - Need
What are the things you ought, want, and need to do?

One thing, for certain, is that time for God must ALWAYS remain an "ought" to, a priority, a non-negotiable.
Because our business will turn into barrenness if we do not stay in synch with Him, in rhythm with Him.

There is much for us to do, y'all. 
Business almost makes sense.
But only if there is Kingdom purpose behind it all. 

Stay in it it.
Exhausted but exhilarated is not a bad way to end some days!

No comments:

Post a Comment