Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wilderness

Through the years, I have experienced many seasons of being in the wilderness, spiritually.
As tough as those times are to walk through, God is showing me three big things about them right now.

1. He uses time in the wilderness in an unreal way!
2. He is with me in the wilderness.
3. It is I that veers off the path, because He is the path. 

Often times, in the midst of the wilderness, the enemy convinces us it is our permanent home and if you checked Webster's for the definition of "lonely," you would find our name inscribed right there on the pages. 
But I am learning such the opposite is true!

The words in Deuteronomy 2 jumped right off the pages and I had to share:
(v. 7) "He knows your going through this great wilderness...God has been with you. You have lacked nothing."

God's Word never ceases to amaze me.
He knows, y'all. He so knows what we are going through.
In fact, He spent time in the wilderness too, He suffered and was tempted there.
He not only knows, but He is there with us
And we need nothing!
This truth can bring peace in the midst of any wilderness. 
The King of Kings is with you, beloved!

The Spirit has also been showing me that it is not He that forgets me, but I Him.
In Deuteronomy 8:13, God even warns against this: "Take care lest you forget the Lord your God."
This got me.
How many times have I questioned the presence and power of the Lord, when all along He's saying, "Daughter, I did not move or forget, it was you."

My prayer this morning is that I may never forget, never move from this place.
He is so faithful, may I too keep my eyes glued on my eternal dwelling, my Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment