Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Was Thinking...

As a person who struggles with perfectionistic tendencies, especially in my walk with the Lord, I have to guard myself very carefully from falling into the "do this, do that" mode.

BUT I have come to realize something here lately.

We are not saved by works, no. 
But I do believe we are called to engage.
Engage in the body of Christ, engage while serving, etc.

I also believe we are called to engage our minds.
This is the spiritual battleground of today. 
The enemy is cunning, but not overly creative in my opinion.
He gets us all in the same location: the mind.

It may sound irrational at first glance, but think about it...
The start of any stronghold is not an action, it is a thought. 
A lie not taken captive to the authority of Christ.
Then those lies become our identity and our identity the lies. 

Lately I have been more careful about what crosses the corridor of my mind 
and what I do to hold its attention.
Enough defeat is enough.
And I will do what I can to guard against it, to renew my mind daily!
Not out of perfectionistic captivity, but out of love for the Lord of my life,
who has promised an abundant life,
when I am living under His Lordship. 

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is. 
His good, pleasing, & perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment