Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Show Me Your Ways

I thought I had it all figured out.
Before I got to the great state of Alabama, 
I had conveniently told God just how my freshman year would work out.
I told Him what organizations I would get involved with, 
how I would spend my time, and where I would invest my life.
Funny concept, me telling God how things will work.

I fooled myself into thinking that simply because all of my plans were "good" 
that they must be God's.
Good plans and God's plans are not the same thing, 
I have come to realize.
Are God's plans always good? Yes.
Are 'Good' plans always God's? No.
He has called me to areas that I would have never
 imagined to invest my time and energy in, 
and those areas have been the most rewarding, 
even in the short time I've been here.

After my first week of college life, 
that would have to be my biggest piece of advice:
Walk with Him. 
His plans are not intended to be a mystery.
He desires that you know and live according to His will.
Seek Him daily and you will find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment