Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home

I had a moment of awakening the other day as I was filling out a general information card for myself.
I stumbled over what to put as my address.
North Carolina/Alabama?
Sometimes I feel like a displaced person, in-between homes.
It's really an odd and even unsettling feeling. 

In essence, the issue I had with my address is only a reflection of the overarching question of this season of life. 
Where is home?
In college, you aren't quite on your own completely, but you are definitely not under the wing of your parents as you once were.
It's almost like being in limbo.
And to be honest, some days it can really throw me for a spin.

After wrestling with this concept for quite some time, 
I received a devotional that I have been clinging to lately.
I'd love to share a summary of the truth that I learned just incase anyone else out there is struggling with the concept of 'home' right now too.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
"He has planted eternity in the human heart..."

As humans, our hearts are restless when we are far from home, 
our home is taken from us, or when there is a rift within that place.

So what are we to do when tragedy strikes, 
college comes,
seasons change?

We are to remember that Christ is at home in us.
We carry our eternal home with us each and every place this life takes us.
There is so much safety, security, and fulfillment to be found in that.

Christ has brought His presence to dwell exactly where you are this very moment.
Your heart is His home.
And in Him, you are home.

Despite whether your earthly home is 
near or far, broken or beautiful, 
steady or uncertain,
God dwells in you!

Rest in knowing that you are His dwelling place.
That, my friend, is security defined.

Now, I have challenged myself:
Allow Him to make my heart, His home, a happy dwelling place.
A heart undivided. 
I've asked Him to renovate and redesign until the day I enter my eternal home.

If you haven't yet to join the journey,
take that step today. 
He is seeking you.

Your heart is His earthly address.

No comments:

Post a Comment