Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Safe Place

I would be lying if I said reading the Word of God has always been
 something I was extremely passionate about.
I would be lying if I said that I lived with a insatiable hunger 
and an unquenchable thirst for His word at all times.

However, I have found that in this season of my life, 
my safe place has become the Word.
Lately, I'll catch myself thinking,
"If I can just sit down and get in the Word."

Why so?
I think I've come to realize that there is security in knowing that when I don't have much certainty to stand on, when I don't have the answers, when the future is unclear,
the privilege and honor of opening up God breathed scripture is comparable to none other.

For a moment in time, when I choose to stop the striving and be still before Him,
I can trust that there is no uncertainty about the fact that His Word is true, without error, unchanging. 
And peace flows like a river from that understanding.
Because when I can trust nothing else,
being able to fling every ounce of my security 
onto the only One who can carry that weight is relief at its finest. 

Are you burdened, desperate, confused, or feeling alone tonight?
Fling yourself onto the One who died to give you an easy yoke and a light burden.
If you are looking for a safe place,
may I encourage you to share with me in mine.
You will never be more safe and secure than 
the very moment where you are firmly rooted in the Word of God. 


Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock & my fortress & my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

If that is not a safe place, 
I am not sure where else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment