Wednesday, January 13, 2010

TOMS

I am all for a great cause, a passionate person, a vision, a movement. I have come across so many inspiring causes and such over the years that I have fallen in love with. Obviously, I can't get involved with each one, but I can try and do my part, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. One movement I stumbled across last year was TOMS SHOES. This was a cause that I researched after hearing about and truly developed a passion for. I have kept up with the movement and I'm simply amazed at the success that it has seen since its beginning. I have been searching for some ways to really get involved with TOMS SHOES and thought I would share some information with you just in case you might be interested as well. The video below explains the cause entirely, how it began, etc. etc. The link to the website at the bottom of this post can answer questions, show you how to get involved, or even allow you to purchase your own set of TOMS SHOES.
This movement is based off of the idea of "one for one." One pair of shoes will be given for every pair that is bought. It is simple, but effective. TOMS SHOES will be donating 300,000 pairs of shoes just this year to needy children all around the world. From my international experiences in Guatemala, Israel, and other countries, causes such as this are so real and beautiful to me. Hopefully I can share with you my journey as I seek to support the movement behind TOMS SHOES.
Website: http://www.tomsshoes.com/default.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment