Monday, May 30, 2011

Time Goes By

 15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16

This morning I stumbled across this verse from Ephesians and I have scarcely been able to stop thinking about it since. 
Time is such a valuable asset that God has given us, but something I so frequently neglect.
While I do not believe in ruminating over missed opportunities for the rest of time, I believe there is something to be said for reflection.

What if I had used my time more wisely in high school?
What if I had taken every opportunity for what it was worth?

Okay, okay...so no playing the 'what if' game.
But sincerely, contemplate today on how you can utilize every single opportunity for the Kingdom's cause. I want my time to be spent on things that won't disintegrate before my eyes.
There is so much in this world chasing after our time, attention, agendas, and so on...
So in the words of Paul, "Be very careful."


No comments:

Post a Comment