Thursday, June 16, 2011

Be There

Okay y'all.
I am pretty much one excited girl right about now.
I just registered for the Beth Moore conference coming to CHARLOTTE in July.
Can I just tell you how monumental this is?
If you insist : )
This is like my birthday, cow day at Chick-Fil-A, and graduation X10.

You know what is funny about my excitement over the Beth Moore conference. 
It doesn't actually have to do 'with' Beth Moore, exactly.
It's more so what happens when Beth Moore speaks, writes, etc. 
Let me explain:

The first time I heard Beth Moore speak, it was surreal.
I had been anticipating hearing sweet Beth (as if I know her. Actually, we're best friends, she just doesn't know it yet) speak for months. 
The moment the words began to flow though, Beth Moore completely faded away, and it was just myself and God in that room.
No one else.
The Holy Spirit was so thick in that place, I can remember feeling as though I could cut it with a knife.
It was so real, so authentic, so memorable.
I hung on every word, no because they were being spoken by a sweet Southern belle, but because they were His words; I know it like I know the back of my hand.

That would be my prayer, if the Lord ever gave me the opportunity to speak or write for an audience even a fraction of that which Beth has accumulated; that they would walk away not remembering a "great message" or a "good communicator."
My prayer is that they would walk away having heard from the Lord, having received a word from sweet Jesus.

If you don't have anything to do the 22nd or 23rd of July, 
please make your way to this event!
You won't be sorry.


http://www.lifeway.com/event/?id=39&CID=RDR-LivingProof

No comments:

Post a Comment