Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Covenant

Have you ever had so much to say you just don't know where to begin.
So then you just don't say anything.

If that resonates with you, then you get me at the moment : )
These past few days have been some of the most amazing of my entire life, hands down.

The highlight of it all has to be my time in Alabama at orientation, shocker.
If you wish I would hush with the Samford talk, I give you fair warning that it is impossible.
My excitement about this matches little else in my life because I know that I know that I know that this is where God wants and is leading me and that is the root of my excitement.

Yeah, Samford University, all the sweet people there, Brook Hills, Alabama, southern-ness - those are all wonderful bonuses but I truly believe that my joy is from being in God's will. He is faithful to fulfill His promises y'all.

Okay, perfect intro into my next spill!
Last week marked the first of what will now be a summer long Bible Study for High School and College girls at Hickory Grove Baptist Church, led by the ever so talented and beautiful Mrs. Valarie Elswick. This too could not be any more of a "God Thing" and I don't use that term lightly. He began working on me this past year to orchestrate a study and then all the pieces began to fall into place a couple months ago! 
My favorite part of the study, however, is that is unlike any other study I have ever done - entirely. 
In fact, some people would be quite turned off by the study, so I have come to find out : )
I got to the point this year where I was tired of having hardcore, on fire, amazing quiet times for 10 weeks of doing any given Bible Study and then bam! Bible Studies over and I'm bag to perusing the pages of the Bible and at the end feeling as though I want more.
I came to the conclusion that the problem was not with the Bible (clearly, it's God breathed, it gives life, it's perfect). The problem was with me.
I had read books about the Bible, picked apart bits and pieces of the actual Bible, and done tons of studies on the Bible, but I had never taken the time to learn how to read the Bible for myself.
Just me, God, and the Bible.
Conviction.

So, I set out to do just that. And I am not alone, quite a few other high school and college aged girls are doing just the same, and I could not be happier.
Covenant.
Be on the lookout, I cannot keep all this in!

Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment