Saturday, October 15, 2011

God Saves

This week I was told on the same night by two different people,
living in completely different states that I might should set time aside
to watch Matt Chandler's most recent sermon entitled God Saves.
Wow.

So often I like to assume that the more I 'do' in my walk with the Lord,
the more He will delight in me and be pleased with me.
Wrong.
Not even my faith to believe in God is of myself, 
that too is a gift from the Lord (Ephesians 2:8).
He chose to delight in me even before I took my first breath on this Earth.
I am simply responding to a call on my life.
It's a response.

The choice to submit to this calling, however, is my own.
I've had to bow the knee this week in many areas of my life that I held on to for dear life.
'Dear life,' I realized, is not found in anything apart from the Lord.
Cling to Him, the giver of life, the giver of salvation, justification, and glorification.

Rejoice in Him, submit to Him, 
rest in knowing that we are more than conquerors (Psalm 44).

If you get the chance, follow the link to 'God Saves' and be amazed at the gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment