Saturday, October 15, 2011

Seven Days

PTL I was able to travel back to Charlotte, NC for a little reprieve this past weekend.
Samford's fall break began Friday and the campus turned into ghost town pretty quickly.

During my time at home, I was able to see my beautiful sister on her homecoming court,
hike the mountains in Boone with some of God's greatest blessings in my life,
spend some QT with my mom,
have lunch with two of my mentors,
and have a great night out with my dad.
My version of a great fall break.

While at lunch with my mentors,
as I poured my heart out seeking their wisdom and advice,
one of my mentors proposed an idea that I thought might come in handy for someone, anyone in their walk with the Lord.

Sometimes, I am inclined to believe that the Lord would rather His children come to His feet in submission and respect, but boldly.
And that's just what my mentor challenged me to do.

In her walk with the Lord, when she needs the Lord's guidance on a major decision, etc. she sets aside seven days and prays fervently for discernment, peace, and clarity.
Why?
Because, just as I am known to do, I will cry out to the Lord about something for all of one day, let a week go by, then come before the Lord again begging for guidance, wondering why I have no clarity.
Hmm.

I'm on day four praying about a specific decision I have to make in the near future,
and while the Lord has already brought discernment, peace, and clarity about the situation,
my mentor has challenged me to 
follow through with that seven days.
Be faithful to that commitment.
The Lord is faithful to answer.
I must be faithful to ask.
He continues to increase the guidance He provided,
and has been drawing me closer to His heart through this process.

With that said, 
there very well may be times that the only direction I receive during a seven day time period is 
to wait.
That is direction, though, there is peace and clarity to be found in that.
We can rest in knowing that if our Sovereign Lord commands us to wait,
there is something worth waiting for.

This may not be for you,
it may be, but either way,
seek the Lord fervently.
He is waiting to reveal Himself to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment